News

Infirmary FAQ and General Info

Amena · 7808

Offline Amena

• Epic Member
  • Bring it
    • View Profile
on: April 14, 2016, 12:03:48 PM
If there are any questions I haven't addressed feel free to ask here and I'll add them to the list.

Who are the healers?
There is a post with all of the healers, medics, and apprentices listed, along with their abilities: http://eileadora.com/index.php?topic=823.0.
Healers now have the mark of the healer: http://eileadora.com/index.php?topic=843.0.
Staff list is here: http://eileadora.com/index.php?topic=823.0.

My character is hurt and there are no healers in the infirmary. What do I do?!
We don't technically have  NPC nurses or healers, but in the event of an emergency, feel free to assume a NPC worker took care of your character. If you want something more legit, I'm open to Ania being NPCed as doing the healing, magic or mundane. Just send me an offline whisper and when I'm online I can let you know what Ania would have done to heal your person up. Most other healers are okay with this too, just ask one of us and we'll take care of you.

Inventory and non-workers in the infirmary.
Inventory is locked behind a door and can only be accessed with a key, or a magic crystal, depending on which healer can heal without, or with magic. It is locked away because of past thievery which caused financial issues for Ania, who spends personal funds on what isn't covered by patients or donations. Only those who work in the infirmary have these keys. Players who go into the infirmary that do not work there and take inventory are considered as breaking an entry and stealing from the infirmary, which can get guards and stuff involved. For this reason, the NPC stuff above can apply. It's ICly considered rude, and honestly confusing for those who work there, for someone who does not work there to throw down like they do. If you want to work there, or if your character can do basic healy stuff and wants special permissions to heal as needed, ask me! I will work with you! I don't want to take RP from anyone. If Ania is in need of help, she has taken offers of help from non-infirmary workers for a night or a few hours.

More on inventory.
Per her agreement with Sarion when made Master Healer, Ania is in charge of inventory in the infirmary, and any inventory needed for the castle and cathedral in regards to healing supplies. If anyone wants to change it up to her only supplying inventory to the infirmary, that works for me. But because of IC conversations, I consider all of that a part of her job. Inventory is locked and only accessible to healers who have the mark of the healer. There is  also a very large log book with all of her inventory listed. You can assume pretty much anything that is needed will be in the infirmary, and if it isn't there, it can be ordered or made.

Are there clothes for people who need them?
In the case of a person needing a clean pair of clothing, they are given a basic cotton tunic and pants. Pajama style. These are usually basic, flat colors, like beige or cream. They come in several sizes but are typically oversized either way. The patient can wear these home, or do whatever they want with them. If they want to return them, they can. A charge for clothing will be added to the overall bill if the clothing is taken, or ruined in one way or another.

Are there wards?
Yes. And there is a sticky detailing them here: http://eileadora.com/index.php?topic=844.0.

How clean is the infirmary?
The infirmary is spotless. Many characters painstakingly clean, even moving furniture to do so. If the infirmary is messy, we make sure to post as much. Like, hey, there's a bloodstain over there. Hey! There's vomit by the door. Etc etc. These typically are cleaned as soon as someone is able to clean. Everyone on staff helps clean and cleans up after themselves. Assumptions that the infirmary is automatically dirty will ICly insult those who work to keep it clean.  ;)

What does the infirmary smell like?
Typically, herbs and whatever medicine is being cooked up that day. Sometimes soup. The scent can depend on what's going on in the infirmary.

Is there food and drink in the infirmary?
Ania makes a new pot of soup every day and keeps it near the fire to stay warm. It's pretty much the only thing she can cook. Any other food stores are reserved for infirmary staff to have for themselves, or give to patients as they deem necessary. You're not going to find a big filling meal in the infirmary, just basics. Hungry orphans who don't eat often have been known to come in for a free meal. Paying patients will have any food or drink added to their bill. There is always a kettle and pot for making tea, and tea blends made by Ania and some of the other healers. These are left out for pretty much anyone to make, though a healer or well-seasoned infirmary visitor is more likely to do the tea making. Water is always available.

Pricing?
Cost of healing is expensive, I base this on the time period the dream is in. At one point I was putting together a pricing list, but pricing will fluctuate depending on the patient and their particular needs. This is not common knowledge. Independent healers are in charge of getting payment for the work they do and can charge what they like. This is how they make most of their money. The only fixed prices are on medications and herbs, so a healer will basically charge for supplies and labor. Supply charges go to Ania for restocking, any money that a healer takes for labor costs is theirs. Unless they are an apprentice, apprentices get paid less. If someone can not pay, Ania offers a trade for services offered or payment plans for those who can't offer anything. Other healers can do the same but aren't required to. For anyone completely unable to pay, there is a donation fund to cover their costs. These donations typically come from Etla residents and nobles. Typically they are anonymous.
More here: http://eileadora.com/index.php?topic=1099.0
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 01:34:16 PM by Amena »

Takurasho

Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 04:17:45 AM
(I'd like to suggest a thread: patient admission! That way if someone is dropped off when none of the healers are around, they'll know to keep an eye out for them.)

BananaBat

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 10:02:46 AM
(Can certain persons work out insurance with the healers so that people who purchase health insurance from a certain loan shark can bill him instead?)

@Amena

Offline Hashenn

• Too curious for his own good.
  • Epic Member
  • Isn't actually a bat.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 12:44:05 PM
(I'd like to suggest a thread: patient admission! That way if someone is dropped off when none of the healers are around, they'll know to keep an eye out for them.)

[That's actually a pretty brilliant idea, like the prison's logging system but for patients. I know I'm not a part of the infirmary crowd -- but on the legal-side of things, it would also help in investigations for assault crimes and what not.]

*edit* [Plus it could make for a neat job-opening for a scribe in the infirmary as a possible IC dynamic, but I leave that up to folks to decide.]

Takurasho

Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 12:46:49 PM
(My thoughts exactly. I adore the flow of info on our forums, I think a patient log could only benefit)

Offline Render

• Cool as Ice
  • LoreMaster
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • JTtheNinja.com
Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 01:53:00 PM
[Every log I've ever known has been patient...they just sit there.

...but yes, that sounds like a good idea to me, too :3 ]

Current alts:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Amena

• Epic Member
  • Bring it
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 11:06:43 PM
(Infirmary log can be done, yes! As for insurance, haven't icly encountered that, so there aren't really any guidelines for it?)

Offline Amena

• Epic Member
  • Bring it
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 12:57:59 AM
(I can write up how payments work, too. Every healer has general guidelines for how they take payment, seeing patients is how they get paid. Ania's system is that everyone who comes in for care is expected to pay. If someone can't pay, they can trade services, or work out a way to pay the healer back. Orphans and kids get free care, their healing services are deducted from donations that are given to the infirmary. Yeah I'll write something up! My laptop that I had for a month and a half broke And I'm borrowing one while it's being fixed, so bear with me I'll get all of this up as soon as I can.)

Takurasho

Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 01:16:43 AM
(You're a boss Ame, thank you.

I know it varies by organization too. The Merchants of Tak's guild have their own health coverage, he uses Guild expenses to cover down for them.)

BananaBat

Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 01:55:23 PM
@Amena Sounds like something we can talk about in game!

Offline Amena

• Epic Member
  • Bring it
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 02:08:27 PM
@BananaBat Yep!

Patient log and payment guidelines posted.