News

Thyst Lodagi

ThystLodagi · 2202

Offline ThystLodagi

• View Profile
on: October 08, 2018, 12:28:20 AM
Have you previously submitted an application/character sheet which has been approved? No
Tell us a bit about your RP experience to date: In general, I've been roleplaying for over ten years, starting on furc in 2007 or so. Stayed there for a few years, then bounced from chatroom to chatroom with mostly the same people. Tried Tumblr rp for a bit, but ultimately went back to chatroom based roleplay. In case any of the admins were on furc from around 2007-2009, I was often in The Dragons Eye, Dawn of a New Era, and Yellowstone, as Thyst Vulpin.
Why are you interested in joining the dream? I miss being a dragon! Dearly! While I've ridden with the same group for a while, we've drifted to more human based roleplays, and while these are fun, I miss my roots as a dragon here on Furcadia. Beyond that, the setting is unbelievably rich (to the point where it's taking me a while to digest it all, which is a good thing) and the place seems pretty well run.

Basics / Biography Data
Furcadia Name: Thystu
Character Name (if different): Thyst Lodagi
Alias(es):
Species: Dragon
Subspecies/Race: Moonblood Halfling
Apparent Age: Juvenile (43)
Height: 7ft to withers, 36ft nose to tailtip
Weight: 11,590lbs
Build: Lithe-ish
Fur/Skin Color: Violet
Hair Color/Style: Messy, windblown
Eye Color: Like liquid mercury
Markings/Scars: Navy and cerulean markings in a classic dragon style
Appendages: Black horns like a gazelle, leathery wings with two thumbs each, a tail as long as her body with membrane originating from her flanks, and a wide, vertical, rudder like spade at the end.
Handedness: Ambidextrous
Primary Class: Magic-Elemental
Secondary Class (optional): Healer
Profession: N/A (Your friendly neighborhood dragon)
Appearance (Furcadia Description): A lithe and aerodynamic dragon, but still with an obvious strength to her build, and a look that's not quite motherly but big sisterly to her features. Atop, her scales are a gemlike violet, lighter in the summer and darker in the winter, and beneath, her scutes like washed denim. The two thumbs on each of her wings rest over her shoulders, the claws black, the sails the same as her scutes with the same seasonal sunbleaching. Her horns match her claws, thin and double curved like a gazelle, the same color visible in the ribs of her wings. From the top of her head to halfway down her tail, her mane is wild, untamed and uncut, a darker navy blue.

Personality
Demeanor: Naive, childish, friendly and loyal
Likes: Fresh fish, tropical fruits, aerial stunts, flaunting being a dragon
Dislikes: People that think they're worth more than they are, harsh swampy smells
Phobias (if any):
Alignment: Neutral Good (Benefactor)
Description: They believe that a balance somewhere between total order and total chaos is best, and would generally concentrate on doing the morally right thing without worrying about whether it was good or bad for 'society'. Example: Mother Theresa .
Cribnote: The rule book's stupid, but no reason to go overboard.

Statistics
Strength (STR): Medium
Dexterity (DEX): Medium-High
Constitution (CON): Medium
Intelligence (INT): Medium-Low
Wisdom (WIS): High
Charisma (CHA): Medium
Overall Evaluation: (70) Strong

(Strengths / Resistances) / Weaknesses
Strengths / Resistances
  • Strength / Resistance: Fire-proof
    Description: Her external scales are entirely fireproof; the only effect may be some color leaching. However, magma/lava is an exception, and she is in fact rather weak to it.
  • Strength / Resistance: Temp Resistance
    Description: Due to being partially a frost elemental dragon, Thyst can endure subzero temperatures as if they were a brisk fall day. And, in the nature of being a dragon at all, high temps are of little hindrance, though more so than cold.
Weaknesses
  • Weakness: Earth Element
    Description: All earth aligned offensive magics are particularly effective, and are a way to work around her fireproof qualities.
  • Weakness: Aether Drain
    Description: Thyst has a particularly giving aura, and so when others cast spells in her presence, if they're drawing from the area and she's not careful, her aura will give to their power.

Possessions
Weapons
  • Weapon: Natural Weapons
    Description: To put things in tabletop terms: two claws, a bite, and a tail.
Armor
  • Armor: N/A
    Description:
Trinkets / Items (owned or worn):
  • Item: Dragon Baskets
    Description: A set of baskets worn much like saddlebags, these baskets have straps and latches usable by the dragon wearing them. Idea from here: https://i.imgur.com/v6AcUba.jpg
  • Item: Totem Amulet
    Description: An amulet Thyst has worn since her powers began to come into being, it has inside it an old heirloom spirit passed down in her family. The amulet itself is a wide silver pendant inlaid with a smattering of roughly cut gemstones that refract light much like opals.

Abilities
Natural Abilities
  • Ability: Frost Element
    Description: Manifesting mostly in the form of a breath weapon, Thyst has a general control over ice as an element through her lineage. As a juvenile, these powers are minor, but as a dragon, nothing to be sneezed at.
  • Ability: Sacrificial Healing
    Description: Tied into the nature of her giving aura, Thyst has the ability to heal others by giving pieces of her own aether. Used in moderation, this is of no issue, but healing a wound only partially is a struggle for her, as her aura wishes to complete the motion.
  • Ability: Aura Sensitive
    Description: Thyst is particularly sensitive to the auras of others, capable of recognizing familiar auras and tracking them from a decent distance. It's easier for her to recall an Aura by "cataloging" it, by touching together two aura centers (forehead, chest, etc) on herself and the being she wishes to recognize.
  • Ability: Moonblood Lineage (LATENT)
    Description: Thyst hails from somewhere across the rift where her blood lineage granted her great power through their version of aether tying deeply into the life force of those in that realm. Essentially, this ability boils down to soul manipulation in a near physical medium; this granted her abilities such as extreme empathy, telepathy, mind reading, and above all, the ability to weaponize her own life force and drain that of others. (This is a power I am more than willing to explain further, or to keep latent as something only possible in the realm Thyst originates from. I understand it's a big one that would need monitoring in a setting like this, but I wanted to leave it to admin discretion rather than not try for the ability at all.)
Learned Abilities:
  • Ability: First Aid
    Description: Something she learned out of a sort of necessity, as sometimes using her powers to heal can be dangerous to herself. She knows especially how to deal with crippling wounds, as these are the ones that she tires herself with when using her natural ability.

Other
RPR Profile (or other website) URL (optional):
Other pertinent info: Thyst is from some land far off across the rift, but seems she has no intentions of returning. Apparently she was hunted there for her lineage, which, while lacking in its power here, made her a threat in her original world.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:57:11 PM by ThystLodagi »

Offline Luctus

• Grumpy
  • Admin
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 05:06:09 PM
Approved.