News

Commission: Formidable Fortification

Guest · 3047

Takurasho

on: April 10, 2016, 02:09:27 AM
Master Smiths Bartholomeus, Vallahd Sacretor, and Dergo:

I've no doubt that the three of you have proven your smithing capability, time and time again, in the design and craft of armor. Your dedication to your profession brings pride to our Guild. However, the time has come to truly put your mastery to the test. As you may recall, the treasury beneath our Guild was infiltrated some months ago, and since then the entirety of Eileadora's funds have been hidden away in a location that is obscured, yet not sufficiently defended. The time has come not to furtively stash away our treasury, but to instead fortify it thoroughly. I call upon the three of you to craft an impenetrable door.

Master Bartholomeus: Using your proficiency in heavy metals, I would request that you forge the initial layer to this door. It is to be made of cold iron with a single hook (curving upwards) welded at eye level. It is on this hook that I will hang the hand of the first and final thief to take from our treasury.

Master Sacretor: It is my understanding that you are most experienced with the making of Celestial products. I request that the second layer of this door be made of a holy metal, to which further enchantments against intangible entities will be made. This is to be bound to the layer of iron that I have asked of Master Bartholomeus.

Master Dergo: Your competence in Dwarven armors is well known, but would you be capable of using said techniques to design a foolproof lock? I've a contraption in mind that will trap the hand of whomever may attempt to jimmy it, but the details of such schematics are beyond me, and I must know if something to this effect is obtainable.

Intricate details may be established in person, should the outline of my request not strike you three as unfeasible.

Furthermore, I have written to inquire upon your collective health and happiness. These are trying times what with our city in a state of repair, and the potential for construction to drive away customers has concerned me. I would remind you three that you are welcome to write should you require general assistance.
Highest Regards,
Merchant Guildmaster
& Master of Coin
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Takurasho

Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 02:15:27 AM
Spoiler: OOC NOTES (click to show/hide)

Offline Hashenn

• Too curious for his own good.
  • Epic Member
  • Isn't actually a bat.
    • View Profile