News

Sophia Howell

Guest · 3106

ChivalrousWalrus

on: June 06, 2017, 06:41:04 PM
Have you previously submitted an application/character sheet which has been approved? No
Tell us a bit about your RP experience to date: I've been RPing in furc since I was thirteen - more than ten years ago, starting way back in the days of redwall rp. From there I have been in more modern/scifi dreams but... have been hankering to get back to my roots in fantasy.
Why are you interested in joining the dream? It is a living fantasy dream that appears to have a good player base to allow for often rp. In general, I go where the rp is, and rp is here!

Basics / Biography Data
Furcadia Name: Sophia Howell
Character Name (if different):
Alias(es): Sophie, White Witch
Species: Furre
Subspecies/Race: Smilodon
Apparent Age: Early Twenties
Height: 5'8"
Weight: What a question!
Build: Slender, but curvy
Fur/Skin Color: White with black marking the end of her tail and tips of her ears
Hair Color/Style: Waist length white hair that slowly transitions to black in the last 3rd
Eye Color: White with a black ring along the outside of her irises
Markings/Scars: The tips of her ears, and the end of her tail are black, almost as if the fur was painted. Her back also has a black marking on her back in the shape of her Patron's symbol.
Appendages: Tail
Handedness: Ambidextrous
Primary Class: Other: Warlock
Secondary Class (optional):
Profession: Entertainer
Appearance (Furcadia Description): A mix of scarlet and black clothed the white furred female. The simple dress she wore leaving both much, and little to the imagination. The cloth itself was translucent, only where multiple bolts of cloth interacted did it hide all but a vague outline of her form. The garment left the whole of her back visible, while dipping in a low neckline as well. While barefoot, she never seemed to pick up dust or dirt. Quick to smile and reveal more than her twin 'tusks', the woman knew her charms, and put them on display whenever she could.

Personality
Demeanor: Warm, Seductive, Duplicitous, Detached
Likes: Fine Things of All Sorts, Spicy and Sweet Foods, Teasing, and Sleeping
Dislikes: Boredom, Boring People, Boring Things, Boredom... Holy Types
Phobias (if any):
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (Free Spirit)
Description: A strange and very rare alignment. Chaotic neutral characters are very unpredictable individualists, being governed by whatever they feel like doing at the moment. Example: Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes).
Cribnote: I do what I feel like at the time.

Statistics
Strength (STR): 6
Dexterity (DEX): 14
Constitution (CON): 8
Intelligence (INT): 12
Wisdom (WIS): 12
Charisma (CHA): 18
Overall Evaluation: (68) Strong

(Strengths / Resistances) / Weaknesses
Strengths / Resistances: Eternal youth so long as she maintains certain... feeding habits.
Weaknesses: Feeds on the energies of others.

Possessions

Trinkets / Items (owned or worn):
  • Item: Wooden Trailer
    Description: On the outside it is a relatively normal looking wooden trailer like one might see in a circus, with a painted version of her on a display board on the roof, along with the words "Sinful Seductress" Emblazoned beneath the painting. Yet, looks could be deceiving. The trailer itself was the house of a slowly built out demi-plane. The plane acting as a large and very opulent home for the woman to live in. Multiple floors, vaulted ceilings, and even an internal hot spring, it was a wonder she ever left at all! This plane is attached to the trailer, and if it is destroyed, she will lose the ability to enter or exit the plane.

Abilities
Natural Abilities
  • Ability:
    Description:
  • Ability:
    Description:
Learned Abilities:
  • Ability: Magic
    Description: Due to a bond with her patron, Sophia's gained access to a variety of spells.

0 Prep
    Prestidigitation, Light

1 Prep
    Unseen Servant, Comprehend Languages, Minor Illusion

3 Prep
    Mirror Image, Hold Person - variable prep, the more preps the stronger the effect, Sleep - variable prep, the more preps the stronger the effect.

7 prep
    Major Image, Summon Familiar - Liliana, a succubus of varying size that is often naked, but outside of shape, lacks features - think of silver surfer.
  • Ability:
    Description:

Other
RPR Profile (or other website) URL (optional):
Other pertinent info:

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:53:35 PM by ChivalrousWalrus »

Squall

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 05:07:10 AM
Hello! Sorry for the wait. Just a few inquiries about the app.

I can see how feeding on other people can be a weakness. Can you explain how the character feeds, though? You say its feeding on energy. What kind of energy? How would it come into play IC? Can other characters resist it or fight it off?

I’m just going to go down the magic list real quick (bearing in mind that the magic system for the dream is in a state of overhaul, so I’m just going to keep it to preps for the moment as that is what you are using and what is currently used in dream.)

0 Prep
Prestidigitation, Light
    * For simply lights like candles and flame, this seems okay. Stronger lights would need to have greater preps. Sustained prestidigitation abilities would need to have floating prep levels as well.

1 Prep
Unseen Servant, Comprehend Languages, Minor Illusion
    * What is unseen servant? Summons should be roughly 3 preps.
    * Understanding languages seems okay.
    * Minor illusions is okay, however it depends on the length of illusion.

3 Prep
Mirror Image, Hold Person
    * Seems about right prep wise for hold person. Can it be broken free of, though? Is there a time limit?
    * What is mirror image exactly? Can you please explain it? I’m under the assumption it creates some form of clone that mirrors Sophia’s actions, however this might be a bit much for a 3 prep baseline ability. Can you tell us how long would it last in a scene?

Sleep
    * Seems a good start prep for this ability. Can the effects be shaken or resisted?

7 prep

Major Image, Summon Familiar
    * I assume major image is a longer lasting mirror image? Just as above, can you explain what it is and how long it lasts in a scene?
    * How long can the summon be around? Can you explain how it works in rp? What abilities does the familiar have? This kind of thing can be very iffy, as it is essentially taking control of an NPC in addition to your main character, so we just want to make sure this sort of thing will be used fairly if it gets approved.

ChivalrousWalrus

Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 08:52:22 PM
In short, Sophia feeding on others could be compared to something akin to a succubus, but is far more minor. Basically, as much as she does her shows - of all types - for coin, the emotions she causes during them sustain her. It could be compared to photosynthesis, but with emotion. Physical contact makes it easier and more 'filling' - hence her more... private shows. The energy absorption could be resisted I suppose, but it is unlikely to be noticed outside of the magically sensitive. In general it just means that one might be a little more tired after a show, or night with her.

Magic: Come mostly from dnd, and more free form online rp, so it'll take some getting used to, n_n.

Unseen servant could be described as a form of very minor telekenises. Basically, lift small object that are not hidden away, knock on doors, light a candle with a match, that sort of thing. It cannot be used to attack anyone... unless they're deathly allergic to a flower it holds up to them I suppose.

Minor Illusion is either an auditory, or visual illusion. It cannot affect another, and if visual it cannot be touched, it will simply be passed through. Hence the low prep count.

Hold Person: I'd imagine so? As for time limit, it'd be based on concentration - not casting other spells, and using most of her focus to keep the spell up - or when the target broke free. It'd be more wisdom than strength based though.

Mirror Image: It creates copies of Sophia that match her movements, however they are just illusions, causing no damage, and simply making it harder to hit her by virtue of not knowing which one is the right one.

Sleep: Can be resisted, once again, wisdom based.

Major Image: Major image is an illusion that for all observation is 'real'. It can be touched, smelled, heard, and so on. However, it cannot cause damage to anything or anyone. Usually used to create scenery or atmosphere for a show.

Summon Familiar: Hypothetically it can be around indefinitely. It is not a combat familiar though, and is usually only summoned when Sophia's bored on her own, or doing a show that needs a more... living co-star. Most often the familiar will look identical to her, as that is the form it takes at default.

In most cases, any magic she does will be prepared for a show, or will be a minor trick. She's unlikely to fight anyone, and will respond to fights with flight, or attempting to talk another into fighting for her.

Squall

Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 10:19:59 PM
Thanks for the clarification!

There's only a few things more that I'd like to make certain of first, if that's alright.

In regards to Major Image, given it can be interacted with (touched, smelled, etc.), it has a lot more impact than the Minor Illusion. If it can be touched, it has the potential to cause damage if directed for such, especially if one prescribes to the illusion philosophy of 'if you believe in it, then it is real'. I would suggest that there be some manner of limitation to how much can be 'created', especially in regards to people and creatures. While it is understood to be for shows in the short term, the long term potential for plots means we want to make sure that use of possible npc's is done fairly.

The same goes for the summon familiar. While it is understood to not be a combat familiar, it can still be used as such. We want to stress that the use of npc characters is done in a balanced manner that is fair to you as well as those you rp with. After discussion with the team, we would suggest that the familiar only be active for 3 days, then require a 2 day cool down, and if the familiar performs any sort of magic the 3 day activation shortens due to energy draw. An indefinite activation for something as dangerous and powerful as a succubus is a bit much, I'm afraid.

The only other thing of note is a few reminders:

Eileadora does not follow D&D canon. Players often reference it as a baseline to build off of, but the dream does not follow it. This goes for outside deities as well: Connections to external deities are generally cut off and the continuity does not have a formal pantheon to follow. Characters can refer to gods that they follow, but they are at best flavor text for the character and not things that actually impact the continuity unless approved by the Rah.

Last thing is in regard to 'succubus' abilities and 'private shows'. Please remember that consent is a requirement and forcing something on a character is not permitted. You are welcome to perform 'private shows', but please make sure that they are conducted in private areas of the dream and not public, as we need to abide by the dreams rating.

ChivalrousWalrus

Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 10:40:17 PM
Hmm. What if it were put in that she was simply not able to create illusions that could cause harm? The same rule guiding her familiar. Sort of an internal magical breaker.

I am aware that her 'deity' is not official, and is generally just there to be fluff for the character and why she has magic in the slightest.

Perhaps her magic is only at its strongest inside her trailer? The familiar is limited outside of her home to the day rule, retreating there when time is up.

In this case, outside of shifting shape, her familiar has none of the usual traits of a succubus - none of the magic, super strength or anything of the sort.

On the 'private shows' of course.

Consent: Neither Sophia or her familiar will force themselves on anyone - part of why I took no spells like 'suggestion' or the like. They will tease and mess with people, and try to convince someone if they're quite interested, but they will not use magic or force to make someone... comply.

Squall

Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 11:39:32 PM
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Welcome to the dream! Just make sure to make the edits/ specifications that were discussed when you get a free moment, and happy rping!