News

Orphan Work: Flower Fetching

Guest · 3095

Takurasho

on: August 26, 2016, 02:37:39 AM
A wild-eyed harpy came to land on the orphanage's lawn shortly after sun's set, struggling to use her huge talons to press her parcel, a thick envelope, beneath the establishment's door. It was bound by Dralt's personal seal, suggesting it wasn't a matter pertaining to Guild work. It was addressed to the misses.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Matron Snowe,

I recently made mention of my intention to host a mourning ceremony for the city. I intend to fund a floral commission of tremendous proportions, an enormous order of bouquets and wreaths to be placed on the graves of those lost, but the Eclipse has hindered our efforts further. Our Master Horticulturist fell ill during the devastation. A large portion of her stock was destroyed; I fear her inventory is far too lacking. However: she would be perfectly willing to guide grievers in the art of floral arrangement should she be supplied the materials.

I write to request your aid and the efforts of those orphaned. Perhaps they, too, might find purpose and peace in contributing to this cause. I humbly ask that you take them to collect wild flowers for Lady Ameera's efforts on Friday or Saturday. Councilor Squall and I have made arrangements to have no less than two Gendarmes guarding your establishment at all times. Take them with you, if you would heed my entreaty.
Regards,
Master Dralt
@Rose

Offline Rose

• Etla's Mom
    • View Profile
    • RPR
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 06:20:03 PM
Delysia promptly returns the message the following morning with one of her orphans as messenger. Now... can he read her atrocious writing?

Dear Master Dralt,
I'm certain the children and I could oblige you. I'll take them flower-hunting this forenoon, and you may send someone to pick up the flowers anytime you wish this afternoon.

I'm very much pleased with the guards; thanks to you and Councilman Squall for them!

Regards,
Matron Snowe

True to her word, Delysia, two guards, a maid and a merry band of orphans go flower-hunting in the late morning hours. A picnic might also have been brought. Whoever comes to retrieve their floral bounty will find the foyer of the orphanage looks very... flowery.

Takurasho

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 09:32:41 PM
With the letter received the guild tender Aron, as well as a pair of wheelbarrow-wheeling fellows, would arrive at Safe Anchorage to tote the floral heaps off to the conservatory for @Ameera Nasrin . They didn't arrive with a letter from the master as per the norm, but the Matron would be given three gold coin as compensation for the field trip, as well as Dralt's high regards and word of gratitude.