News

Jaya (Main)

Virtue · 2508

Offline Virtue

• View Profile
on: January 03, 2017, 03:20:43 PM
A little about my previous experience: (I’m doing this on my phone, so if there are typos, trust that I’ll correct them!) I’ve been roleplaying via text for an embarrassing amount of time online (16 years now) and branched out into Furcadia when I was around thirteen years old. Since then I’ve had a love/hate relationship with the game that always seems to keep dragging me back! I have been on hiatus for the last year because of some real life complications, but now that things have settled down, I’m wide open for RP opportunities.

I tend to be a novella/third-person, multi-para writer, but am very flexible, so I regularly adjust my writing to better match my partner’s style. I’ve played men, women, children, heroes, villains, and everything in between.  I am always happy to brainstorm plot ideas, character development/creation, or just shoot the breeze. :3

Why I'd like to join: A certain vampyric bird sang in my ear about a popular fantasy setting and shared with some links when they heard I was looking for somewhere to play. I started reading and before I knew it, an hour had gone by.  It happened again when I woke up and began browsing the forums in search of character inspiration, so it’s safe to say I’m interested in what’s been cooking! I’ve been desperately missing a staple of fantasy RP and after hearing the good things my friend had to say about this place, I couldn’t help but throw myself in!

Furcadia Name: Jaya
Character Name: Jaya Navalkar*
Aliases: N/A
Species: Human
Subspecies/Race/Class: Ursine Shifter
Height: 5’4”
Fur/Skin Color: Caucasian | White (Bear)
Hair Color/Style: Rich brunette, cropped to a chin-length bob
Eye Color: Honey-brown | Blue (Bear)
Markings/Scars: The remains of an old, long-since-healed burn on her back and shoulders.
Appendages: None beyond the expected.

Demeanor:  Polite and demure, calm and collected, these are word pairs you’d most associate with Jaya. Determined to be a civilized lady in a chaotic world, she works hard to maintain dignity, composure, and a pleasant and friendly exterior in all but the most dire of circumstances. That is not to say she is incapable of passion, but rather a firm believer in maintaining command over her emotions - good or bad. After all, her anger can come with a price most - herself included - aren’t willing to pay.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Profession: (Currently) None
(Previously) Personal assistant, bookkeeper

Resistances: Hardy; marginally more resistant to blunt force trauma. Falls or impacts which might otherwise break bone or render unconscious can typically be withstood for one or two extra rounds.
Weaknesses: Far-sighted, requires corrective lenses to see clearly up-close.  Typical human weaknesses; grievous injury, blood loss, dehydration, starvation, etc.
Phobias: Uncontained/uncontrolled fire engages strong fight-or-flight instincts, but the sound of thunder will constantly unnerve. The sound of gunshots are known to provoke fear until their source is found.

Statistics:
Strength (STR): Med (Human) | High (Bear)
Dexterity (DEX): Low (Human) | Low (Bear)
Constitution (CON): Medium (Human) |  High (Bear)
Intelligence (INT): High (Human) | Low (Bear)
Wisdom (WIS): Medium (Human) | Medium (Bear)
Charisma (CHA): Medium (Human) | Low (Bear)

Details:
Weapons
- Marriage Knife - a traditional weapon from her homeland gifted typically to brides on their wedding day to be used if the husband mistreats his new wife. A narrow, four-inch blade sits disguised within its sheath - an unremarkable, silver pendant that hangs from her neck.

Armor
- Beyond basic clothing, no armor is among her possessions.

Abilities
(Natural)
- Shapeshifting - At will, may adopt the form of a large Ursus Maritimus (polar bear) and gain all the expected physical attributes. Animal form measures 8ft long (height when bipedal) and roughly 5ft at the shoulder with an estimated weight of 900lbs. Compared with its closest ursine relative, the polar bear has a more elongated body build with stocky legs, broad footpads, small ears, and a longer skull and snout. Uncontrolled anger can provoke an unwilling change to bear form.

(Learned)
- Bookkeeping - Proficient in maths from a young age and tutored through adolescence, Jaya is an excellent detail-oriented accountant and record-keeper. Though her organizational skills may be a bit lacking at first appearance, she insists that there is, in fact, a method to the madness.
- Bartending - Who doesn’t like a good drink? Tired of depending on the aptitude of other bartenders, Jaya moved from making cocktails to entertain guests of her father to developing a genuine interest in mixology which continues as a hobby to this day. Years have been spent perfecting her favorite liquor combinations, but as anyone will tell you, there is always more to learn.

Appearance
Mousy and plain, her small nose as likely to be found in a book as anywhere else, the woman does not tend to draw the eye. With chocolate hair cut in a loose chin-length bob and skin like milky moonlight, time spent outdoors seems unlikely at first glance, a dusting of freckles laid across her high cheekbones. Short of height and pleasantly plump-figured, her attire favors the feminine silhouette in dark, neutral shades with splashes of color in the form of a dyed petticoat and fashionably slashed sleeves. Delicate metal rims held corrective lenses on her heart-shaped face, masking kind eyes the color of good honey. Around her neck were two simple chains, one of gold dangling from the spectacles she wore while the other held an unremarkable silver pendant above her breasts.

Any other pertinent info:

(*Adopted surname, original parentage unknown.)

Offline Render

• Cool as Ice
  • LoreMaster
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • JTtheNinja.com
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 03:41:00 PM
Looks all good to me. Out of curiosity, how do you work shifting into rp, especially combat rp? Does it take a certain number of turns?

Current alts:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Virtue

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 04:24:03 PM
Yes, exactly like that! I take between one and two rounds to fully shift (depending on the character), so I guess it would work a little bit like spell casting prep here.
(Fixed typo)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:27:33 PM by Jaya »

Takurasho

Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 06:00:32 PM
A certain vampyric bird

> clacks beak

Approval on my end.

Takurasho

Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 06:05:42 PM
Approved and moved, happy to have you @Jaya .