News

Lyralei

Guest · 1915

Balanar

on: February 11, 2017, 10:10:03 AM
I hope I'm not breaking any rules by submitting another application =/

A little about my previous experience:
I've been RPing on Furcadia for over ten years.  This is one of my most recent characters.

Why I'd like to join:
I know Balanar is pending approval, but as I've checked out the dream, I think Lyralei might actually be a better fit.  I haven't gotten to rp much with her, but I think she has a lot of potential for some interesting plots.

Furcadia Name: Lyralei
Character Name: Lyralei
Aliases: None
Species: Elf
Subspecies/Race/Class: Wood Elf Ranger
Height: 5'3
Fur/Skin Color: Light tan
Hair Color/Style: Magically dyed red hair tied up in a high ponytail with loose strands around her ears.  Her natural hair color is black.
Eye Color: Green
Markings/Scars: None
Appendages: N/A

Demeanor: Outgoing and very talkative, sometimes to the point of coming on too strong.  She wants to be noticed, and to be the life of the party.  However, she also knows when it's best to remain silent and lie low.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Profession: Ranger/Scrollmaker

Resistances: None
Weaknesses: Anything that can cause damage
Phobias: N/A

Statistics:
Strength (STR): 8
Dexterity (DEX): 18
Constitution (CON): 8
Intelligence (INT): 16
Wisdom (WIS): 10
Charisma (CHA): 16

Details:
Weapons
Longbow - Just a standard longbow.  She only carries it if she believes she may have to fight.

Armor
Leather armor that consists of a chest piece, boots, and bracers.  Like her bow, she only wears her armor when she thinks she may need it.

Abilities
(Natural)
Since she grew up around the forests and swamplands, she is less prone to getting lost in this kind of terrain, and has a higher chance of tracking and sensing beasts nearby.

(Learned)
Scrollmaking - She's been dabbling in the art of scrollmaking in hopes of gaining a permanent residence, and leaving her nomadic lifestyle behind.  The scrolls she makes are fairly low-level magic such as:

Temporary cosmetic scrolls for things such as dyeing hair
   Creating Light
   Sending Messages
   Opening doors
   Weak offensive spells such as a fireball or ray of frost.

The scrolls she makes can often take a lot of time, ranging from a few days to several weeks or more.  The scrolls that she makes are also dependent on whether or not she has the supplies or time to do so, and will often refuse a job if she feels it's too complicated for her, or if she's feeling particularly lazy.

Appearance
This wood elf looks a bit different from the others.   Long red hair was tied up in a high pony tail with loose strands falling along the curves of her elven ears.  When outside the realms of civilization, she would often be seen wearing leather armor and boots with a longbow and quiver full of arrows on her back.  Though she grew up in and is accustomed to the wild, she quite prefers the comfort of the city, gladly trading her bow and leather armor for a green silk dress and a pair of brown sandals.

Takurasho

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 02:55:23 AM
Don't worry @Lyralei , you're definitely not breaking any rules! Players are allowed four characters (plus two for strictly plot purposes). But we would typically approve based on your first character application. Do you still intend to play Balanar here? Or should we just review Lyralei?

Balanar

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 11:54:20 AM
I don't think I'll play Balanar here, so just review Lyralei if you don't mind.  I would like her to be my main character.

Takurasho

Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 02:01:47 PM
Got it. I'll archive his sheet, but if you ever do decide to play him here one of us admins can pull it back up again. Lyralei looks good to go! Approved.