News

Reman Longtail

remanlongtail · 5080

Offline remanlongtail

• Sairon
    • View Profile
on: May 07, 2016, 12:53:40 AM
A little about my previous experience: I've been roleplaying on Furcadia for about 5 years now in various dreams including the Golden Tether, the Harbinger, and Atas'Cosita, and aside from a couple quick scenes before then, I've been roleplaying as Reman Longtail for well over a year.

Why I'd like to join: While Reman was formerly the Head Guard aboard the Harbinger, he has since left the ship's crew and decided to settle down on Etla Isle with his friend, Kirkis.

Furcadia Name: Reman Longtail
Character Name: Reman Longtail
Aliases: Reman
Species: Furre
Subspecies/Race/Class: Wolf
Height: 5'11"
Fur/Skin Color: Light Brown
Hair Color/Style: Red, tied up in a ponytail
Eye Color: Hazel
Markings/Scars: A pale blue crescent moon adorns his right shoulder. Aside from that, he has a few scars here and there from various skirmishes, but nothing too noticeable.
Appendages: Two arms, two legs, and a tail.

Demeanor: A bit shy at times, but a friendly sort, usually eager to help out
Alignment: Neutral Good
Profession: Mercenary

Resistances: Nothing unusual. Aside from his magical powers, he is fairly average for a furre.
Weaknesses: Nothing unusual.
Phobias: Huge monsters (krakens in particular), voices in his head

Statistics:
Strength (STR): medium
Dexterity (DEX): high
Constitution (CON): low
Intelligence (INT): medium
Wisdom (WIS): low
Charisma (CHA): low

Details:
Weapons
- A short sword with a swirling hand guard. Thanks to an enchantment bestowed upon his scabbard, it can be made to emit or absorb light.
Armor
- A leather helmet is about the only armor he has to his name. He usually just wears his regular clothing, as it gives him more mobility in combat.
- Trinkets - aside from his scabbard, nothing too special, aside from a red cape that he wears everywhere. It looks fancy, but doesn't actually do anything.

Abilities
(Natural)
- Possesses some earth magics, though they only began to emerge in the last few months. He is still slowly gaining a handle on them.
(Learned)
- Swordfighting, fencing, basic combat skills
- Was an apprentice to a merchant before becoming a mercenary, so is fairly good with numbers, and is a fairly quick learner in general.

Appearance
An anthropomorphic wolf, just shy of six feet tall, with thick, soft brown fur that doesn't quite conceal his slim but muscular form. On his shoulder can be seen a pale blue crescent moon, glowing softly. His clothing consists of a rough brown vest and black pants, complete with a pair of knee-high brown boots and  heavy elbow-length cloth gloves. To top it off, a bright red cape wraps around his shoulders and stretches down to his waist. A short sword with a fancy, swirling hand guard hangs in a scabbard from his belt. Somewhat quiet and even a bit shy, but deep down, he's a friendly sort of person.

Any other pertinent info: I am looking to have Reman join the City Guard soon. Don't be afraid to whisper me- I am still a bit shy about whispering people out of nowhere, even after all this time on Furcadia.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:18:16 AM by Takurasho »

Takurasho

Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 04:08:40 AM
Stats and abilities all in good order. Welcome to Eileadora, good luck with guard work!

Offline Haymaker

• Moist Titties
  • Veteran Member
  • hOY
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 11:48:09 PM
Just curious about the revolver since rest of the gear gets descriptive lines!..

Is it like this
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Or that wacky design with revolving barrels?

Takurasho

Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:27:38 AM
A quick reminder on firearm policy:

Guns should be 3 prep. Load, aim, fire. We always played them that way when we first decided to allow them but I know we have no mention of their use in the rules...
For the rough date we use to compare to actual history... (late 1500s/early 1600s) we recognize matchlocks, flintlocks, and early blunderbuss. We do allow for some MINOR magical/technological upgrades so long as it doesnt strip out the need for preps and doesnt give it a perfect aim.

These weapons were not 100% accurate. Misfires happen. They can be powerful though and thus should still be prepped so the person you're shooting at has time to react.

Offline remanlongtail

• Sairon
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 01:42:48 AM
Well, Reman's revolver was custom made for him not long ago. Judging by the reference that was given to me for it, it's probably a bit more advanced than what the dream's rules would allow. I'd be willing to tone the weapon down, or get rid of it altogether and replace it with something else, if it would fit in better with the dream's setting. Maybe replace it with a flintlock or something?

Takurasho

Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 01:51:49 AM
@Render  @Tony Consensus? I would prefer it to respect the 3-round-rule LE decided upon, whatever the design. Beyond that I am not very picky.

Offline Render

• Cool as Ice
  • LoreMaster
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • JTtheNinja.com
Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 06:37:52 AM
Hmm....well it isn't a freeze ray gun...

...so long as he abides by 3-prep rule it should be fine. Good luck getting more ammo, though. Use what you got judiciously.

Current alts:

Offline remanlongtail

• Sairon
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 07:17:03 PM
@Render

Yeah, well, getting more ammo for his gun was going to be a problem either way. I guess I'll see what I can do about trading his revolver out for a flintlock or something like that. And if that doesn't work, well, Reman's always favored a sword over a gun anyway, so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Offline Haymaker

• Moist Titties
  • Veteran Member
  • hOY
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 11:57:58 PM
Sounds like Reman needs to see a certani Xanthic if he plans to use guns more than just for few shots >.>

Offline Eliel

• Queen Bee
  • Owner
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Alt Names: Elora Elaniae (& Aantara), Prisishis, Hyleori
Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 07:57:07 AM
Of note, @Riano made a device ICly that is situated in the castle that nulls any technology beyond our current understanding. So if the weapon is too advanced, it simply doesn't work here.. or works as it would for the time period.

Offline remanlongtail

• Sairon
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 10:56:17 PM
@Eliel Well, knowing that, I think the easiest thing to do is say that the revolver simply doesn't work at all in Etla and just have Reman go back to using his sword. Should I just go with that?

Offline Eliel

• Queen Bee
  • Owner
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Alt Names: Elora Elaniae (& Aantara), Prisishis, Hyleori
Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 04:32:43 PM
Sounds easiest. Then you dont have to modify the weapon and can use it in other dreams as is. ^.^

Offline remanlongtail

• Sairon
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 03:05:44 AM
@Eliel Then I will just go with that. I'll take the revolver out of his character sheet. So aside from that, I should be all set to go, right?

Takurasho

Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 03:18:48 AM
Approved and moved.