News

Riley Keller

Guest · 3886

Cas

on: June 17, 2016, 07:13:24 PM
That awkward feeling when you're super late to the party and didn't even bring bloody cupcakes... yet here we are.

A little about my previous experience: I joined Furcadia about a year back, did nothing, and then finally got active come the January – February of this year after I returned from what was a heavily active experience, and the most intense thing I've done in my life. It was a bit of a bumpy ride, but I have since enjoyed myself since the ball got rolling. Before Furcadia I was on Formspring in Q & A, AOL, Yahoo, Deviant art chat, and other high literary roleplays years back; including running separate Skype one-on-one settings and chats.

Why I'd like to join: I originally came to Etla on a decision to finally get involved on Furcadia, and I’ve met a lot of good people, and made even more good friends. Since then, I’ve greatly enjoyed the community aspect and the growth that my character has undergone from varying encounters, adventures, fights, and what have you. I’d just come from a particularly active job, and was able too fill my time with something that had more than plenty to work and do. I greatly adore the idea of a mass continuity and the entire story it all holds, from the beggar child to the queen herself. It’s been a blast and I can only hope to continue.

[RPR FOR EVEN LONGER EXPLANATIONS :D] For all your TL; DR needs.

Furcadia Name: Riley Keller
Character Name: Riley Keller
Aliases: Keller, Nys (Tillius), ardaigh bheag (Little Rose) & Dear One (Squall), Child Thing O’ Mine (Hashenn), Luminous Ghost (Disguise)
Species: Human (Expanded Life-Span, unaware)
Subspecies/Race/Class: Magical Human, Potential Mutated Shaman (Plot needed to occur)
Height: 5’ 6”
Fur/Skin Color: Tan
Hair Color/Style: Brown, currently messily layered as though someone cut it and didn’t care.
Eye Color: Sapphire Blue
Markings/Scars: From head to toe Riley is covered in scars, the most noticeable being those on her face and right side of her thigh when visible.
Appendages: No extra and none missing.

Demeanor: Mostly Pacifistic, Calm, quiet, generally friendly, though highly observant and perceptive.
Alignment: Chaotic Good – Chaotic Neutral

Profession:
(Officially)
(Known) Gendarmery Scribe/Freelance Writer
 (Almost never told) Liaison to the Master of Law (‘Gendarmery Master Jack of All Trades’).

Spoiler: Shhhh (click to show/hide)

Resistances: Some poisons, alcohol, pain to a degree, mental invasion, and telepathic control.

Weaknesses: A Damaged and Reforming mind, Paranoid, susceptible to curses, hexes, and magic-seeking attacks, Despite having the pain tolerance of a boss from years of torture, Riley can still easily be killed from a mundane standard. Beat the heck out of her and crush her skull, she will die. She is by all means, human. Occasionally known to be very childish or petty behind closed doors.

Phobias: Loss of Family and her Guardian, Being Betrayed, the Noose and Gallows, Becoming the Monster her Masters intended for her to be, and the Loss of the ability to feel Emotions (The latter of which often prevent her from engaging in combat at all).

Statistics:
Strength (STR): Above Average
Dexterity (DEX): High
Constitution (CON): Average
Intelligence (INT): High
Wisdom (WIS): Above Average
Charisma (CHA): Low

Details:
Weapons
- Trick Scythe – Disguised as a weighted staff, utilized less than half the time she’s in play, holds a blinding spell upon the blade when unleashed, gifted long ago. Due to weight, it is often used to keep her in shape.
- Throwing Daggers and Long dagger – Utilized for stabbing, slashing, and other mutilating deeds.
- Torture kit (small and large) – Pliers, scalpels, knives, cigar cutters, and more (not frequently used unless requested).

Armor
- Armor – She should probably invest in this.
- Trinkets – A copper bracelet gifted by Aeralis for combat, damage given to the opponent upon hits, refueled by the tears of misery.
- Nightmare Preventing Amulet – Gifted by Xanthic, used to interrupt the dream cycle of the wearer and prevent dreaming from occurring (utilized for post traumatic event care).

Abilities
(Natural)
- German – Riley’s first language came from the merchant caravan she was raised in.
- Perceptive – Naturally observant.
- Quick Learner – The kid loved learning, the adult does too. There’s just so much information out there to hoard!

(Learned) (Please look to RPR for an expanded list)

- Common, Japanese, and Sign Language
- Combat Trained and Seasoned – Through years on the road with a paladin, and previous Masters who’ve owned her, Riley is versed in hand-to-hand combat as well as trained with her trick scythe.
- Torturer and Bloodhound – Years of being a slave to madmen have made her quite the interrogator and tracker.
- Reading, Writing, Book Balancing – Born to a mercantile family she’d once hoped to be a bard or a writer and continue the caravan way. She’s since gotten one of those down, and has the hoarding tendencies of the world’s greatest miser.
- Magic, she can’t control any of it, however it is there for molding over time.
- Basic tonics, and mundane healing.

Furcadia Description

Rough, is the first thing that comes to mind. The telltale signs of many a fight with beast, furre, and man cover her from head to toe. A somber stare and stern scowl rest on her face, while a pair of worn black boots cover black trousers that rest at her hips with a hip satchel. Strength cords wrap around her arms over a dark blue tunic, and thighs, white thread sew in. A melanistic-morph snow leopard cub lingers by her side.

Any other pertinent info:

-   Former Vampire’s Familiar/Tool – She cut ties with her former master about a month or so ago, resulting in her damaged mind but drastic change of mood and attitude.

-   Retired Torturer: Since she’s broken ties with her former bosses, she’s since put down the torture kits and shoved them in a dark place. They won’t come out until someone asks for a surgical means they’d rather keep quiet about.

-   Due to the effects of her previous experiences, Riley has a tendency to talk more than fall to action or combat with a blade. Upon falling back to her old ways (that of a torturer) should her blade enter another living intelligent being, she will emotionally shut down. She doesn’t view herself as diplomatic, or influential due to it being more for the selfishness to keep feelings she’s worked so hard to regain.

- The cub accompanying her is a Familiar, and was a gift from her Guardian to pass on from her 'Grandmother', it is used to magically ground her, but otherwise is just a little guy who wants to chase mice or bother Birds that come into his purview.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:11:27 PM by Takurasho »

Squall

Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 07:20:35 PM
-stamps forehead and steals away-

Offline Hashenn

• Too curious for his own good.
  • Epic Member
  • Isn't actually a bat.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 07:27:10 PM
-prepares bowls of food and tea and sets up the chicken wire pen around the agency-

we got her squall

Cas

Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 08:04:50 PM
-prepares bowls of food and tea and sets up the chicken wire pen around the agency-

we got her squall

Chicken wire pens, the final thing on the list of high intensity security measures that have been given to the Agency. At last. Our fortress is complete.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:21:59 PM by Riley Keller »

Takurasho

Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 12:01:28 AM
I'm itching to approve this, glad you finally made one for Riley. Just a few questions for formality's sake!

• Elaborate on the blinding spell of the scythe- does it auto-blind those in the area when she unveils it?
  • What does the bracelet from Aeralis do? I'm double-checking, don't want to misinterpret, but does it reflect damage back on an opponent?
  • Statistics are subtly imbalanced, but we've established in the past that those don't matter a great deal, I'll acknowledge it but personally overlooking it unless other admins are concerned.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:39:52 AM by Riley Keller »

Cas

Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 03:41:34 AM
I'm itching to approve this, glad you finally made one for Riley. Just a few questions for formality's sake!

• Elaborate on the blinding spell of the scythe- does it auto-blind those in the area when she unveils it?
  • What does the bracelet from Aeralis do? I'm double-checking, don't want to misinterpret, but does it reflect damage back on an opponent?
  • Statistics are subtly imbalanced, but we've established in the past that those don't matter a great deal, I'll acknowledge it but personally overlooking it unless other admins are concerned.

The blinding spell is in no way auto, it is rune activated via inscribed on the staff of the scythe and enchants the blade upon the welder's activation. It gives off essentially a blinding flash- but given the context, if you close your eyes or wear tinted glasses, it's not going to do anything.

As it was described at the time upon gifted by Aeralis, it is a bracelet which is good for 20 hits, attacker will feel and take the physical damage given to Riley. Recharged by the tears of misery.

v.v noted, and thank you <3. It is something that has been developing ICly throughout the time, despite the application being new. I do try and be honest though when I post her up. I would say I stat her based on a human and the mundane, so her strength is above average for a human, etc etc. not as one with magical capabilities or the super natural. I hope that helps some.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:58:03 AM by Riley Keller »

Takurasho

Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 03:58:22 AM
That helps tremendously! Thanks Cas, you're a gem. The staff sounds fine, but I've got to admit the bracelet sounds a little intense. What are the stipulations? Is it restricted to melee blows, or would archers and mages also be reflected?

Cas

Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 04:00:44 AM
Thank you <3. And sure, let me elaborate on the bracelet a bit. I have generally played it melee or hand-to-hand physical contact only, though to be honest, this has not been utilized as much as it possibly could... It's main use so far has been against a zombie swordsman. Otherwise it is used as a cherished memorabilia towards her friendship with Aeralis. Riley does not seek to get into fist-on-fist fights out of fear of losing control, so it's a good fall back, even if her player constantly forgets it is there. She never takes it off with the exception of a spar she'll manage to get into with @Squall, so it is labeled as constant wear.

The stipulation would be that she has to be miserable enough to cry to refill it, which she hasn't been as of late (thanks to the Fam and a new founded relationship with her man). It was originally given to assist with protecting her because she is mundane. She is human. You can crush her skull, eat her, etc. So it's a handy thing to keep close to the chest.

Final Edit: To my knowledge, this does not stop Riley from taking the damage and I have not played that it does, just that the damage and affect (pain) is distributed to her attacker as well.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:02:12 PM by Riley Keller »

Takurasho

Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 02:10:48 PM
Oh! That's actually pretty awesome, the way it read I thought it just reflected the damage entirely. Thanks Cas.

APPROVED

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee