News

Guard Application: To anyone who can hire new guards - Terminated by MoL

Haymaker · 2906

Offline Haymaker

• Moist Titties
  • Veteran Member
  • hOY
    • View Profile
Delivered by the might of NPC guard, named Mannson to first person with authority to recruit. A parchment sealed with quite a fancy wax seal, the message sure looked important on the first glance so naturally the guard thought it was matter of grave importance and needed to be delivered. Even though the receiver was bit vague.

Most polite way to describe the handwriting that laid in the parchment would be.. apothecarian style. Very crude, messy handwriting that held no elegant form and was tad bit of hard to read due overslashing, scratching out typos and errors. Definately a code to cipher.
Honored Sir or/and Madam,

I am Thomas Eicheim. I express my sincerest interest to become a low-enforcer. I have many seasons worth of experience. I am sure I can most assistance to the kingdom

With Regards,
Thomas Eicheim

..What? One would expect Tom to write a good letter? While it may look like a joke, it was actually very sincere letter.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:31:08 PM by Squall »

Offline Amena

• EDF
  • Epic Member
  • Bring it
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 08:55:22 AM
Amena got the letter. She remembers Tom and she'll be looking for him to talk about his letter.

Offline MynameisDen

• Veteran Member
  • Random Avatar!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 04:16:32 PM
Amena got the letter. She remembers Tom and she'll be looking for him to talk about his letter.

Den Fa seems to have found him before. He will interrogate further and then check with the rest of the captains.

Join the adventure side of the force!.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Noman: Oops, guests near, time to hide all evidence that I do nerdy stuff xD

Offline Haymaker

• Moist Titties
  • Veteran Member
  • hOY
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 01:42:47 AM
After getting his badge, Tom figured it was all official now. So followed by his recruitment was another letter with same wax seal. This time instead of chicken scritches resembling a handwriting, it was an actual official parchment.

And since the player sucks at writing up official documentaries, only TL:DR version can be found on the forum xD

TL;DR

Dem contracts says that while Tom is officially a member of ViperLily, for the duration of contract he is subject to all rights and responsibilities of a guard, so basically his position as a member of a private trading company is deemed null for the duration of contract, except in one case: If in a battle with hostile forces (siege, bandit raid, unnatural forces) Tom is allowed the priority looting rights right after the Sovereignity.
All wonderful keypoints right there, most of the contract is just filled with the necessary legal jargon to specify and RENDER null most looholes.

Also, there'll be two month "grace period" that when Tom wishes to terminate the contract, he still has to serve the additional 2 months or face legal consequences. Though if the other side wants to make him stop doing guard duties, they won't have to employ him for the grace period time.
 A remnant extra thing for mercanaries wanting to switch to winning side in a war!