News

Jasper Fynn

Guest · 2700

Jasper Flynn

on: July 08, 2016, 04:48:57 PM
A little about my previous experience: I guess I've been doing this for some time now. I've been playing Furc on various characters for the last thirteen years, and the character Jasper (Once known as Schayfer) for the last eight years. My previous experience includes Eileadora on several occasions, including before and after the city was destroyed all those years ago. In particular, Jasper has been at odds with the Navy, served under Morighanna Ravensword in the Navy, and subsequently stole one of her ships. The character was there when the city fell, the ruins being only a portal in to a floating city in the sky, and now he was returned. Which, is odd, since he does hold a firm belief that the place is terribly cursed. So are the lot o' you!

Why I'd like to join: Truth be told, while it is hard to say that Jasper will ever call a place his "home". Eileadora might become the closest thing he can think of to his base of operations, and as I like to think of him, an unpredictable agent of chaos. Perhaps, he can play a role in shaking things up as well. Here is to hoping, right? Besides all of that, I find the place has cultivated an environment that a lot of gifted, enthusiastic and fun role players and characters have amassed. The goal of the place is a good story, and that is what I enjoy the most.

Furcadia Name: NateC
Character Name: Jasper Flynn
Aliases: Jas, Jaz, Flynn, (Some still call him Schayfer or Schay)
Species:Ring-Tailed Lemur
Subspecies/Race/Class: No Subspecies / Furre (Was born off the shores of Kasuria) / Drifter, Adventurer, Saboteur.
Height: 5' 3"
Fur/Skin Color: The usual mix of grey, white and black of his species.
Hair Color/Style: Black; longer sort of messy and highlighted in silver strands. He also has a few braids mixed in, tied by brown string and the hairs contained are died a dark blue.
Eye Color: Two colors actually. Central Heterochromia produces mostly green eyes, but mixes blue within them as well.
Markings/Scars:The top of his right ear is missing, and looks to have been torn off. A stab wound to his lower stomach. His back has several lash marks. (In some parts of the world he'd be considered an escaped slave)
Appendages: All the usual, I suppose. Arms and legs, and so forth. Though, the only one of note is his unusually long tail. Which is not so unusual considering what he is.

Demeanor: A bit unbalanced, truth be told. Mostly he is slightly unhinged case off odd amusement. And yet, can be prone to childish behavior, given the correct circumstances. Other times, he can be as smooth as stone polished by a river, charming and clever.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Profession: Adventurer, Treasure hunter, Thief (Though, do not call him that.), Street performer, Political and Social Saboteur, a conniving con artist who hides his true desires with some skill. 

Resistances: Reason, rationality, fear (to a certain extent). He prides himself on a silver tongue and being quite slippery, quick and agile. So, tough to attack, capture and worst of all. If you do capture him, he is resistant to long imprisonment and skilled enough at avoiding such a thing.
Weaknesses: Lacks strength, fighting skills, easily distracted, loyalty can be bought, and can be driven to poor decisions.
Phobias: Dragons, Deep dark water, and being touched by strangers.

Statistics:
Strength (STR): Low; Jasper is small and thin and cannot rely on physical strength at all.
Dexterity (DEX): High; He is very quick, agile, and slippery. The lemur has developed a mastery of frustratingly clumsy, but effective maneuvering and escape-ability. His only weaponry skill is the hand-eye coordination of dagger throwing, but was practiced more as a street performance than for actual combat.
Constitution (CON): Below Average; While athletically fair, Jasper is not in the least tough and cannot take too many hits. He may get up after a blow more out of pure stubbornness rather than constitution. His only strength in this regard is a saving grace of his species. Lemurs are able to consume some poisons (generally in small doses) such as cyanide.
Intelligence (INT):Average; The lemur has never had any formal learning. While he can read and write, it has only been more recently that those skills were acquired. However, Jasper can pick up skills and trades, and perform them with reasonable ability. He is also smart enough to know when certain information gained can be useful.
Wisdom (WIS): Above Average; He is hardly the picture of stoic wisdom. And yet, he does have an incredible will and wile. Though, prone to childish behavior and bad decisions along the way.
Charisma (CHA): Very High; Jasper's true power. Some might find him attractive, and some might find him too odd to be so. There is no denying his talent for charm, for manipulation, persuasion and draw. The lemur will steal the pants right off you out in public, show them to you, and make you believe it was your idea to give them to him in the first place.

Details:

Weapons
- Dagger - A simple dagger though curved and featuring jade inlaid within the handle. The blade is securely hidden in a sheath strapped under the sleeve that he wears over the long, long tail.
- Throwing knives - Smaller daggers meant for throwing.

Armor
- Leather Vest - Unless his leather vest could be considered armor, Jasper does not wear any protective gear.

- Trinkets -

Ring and Chain -
An old, tarnished, bronze and pretty ordinary thing. The ring does have strange markings or glyph written upon its outside, and even more of them upon the inner part of the ring. He does not know what they mean.. Not yet. It hangs from a simple metal chain around his neck.

Bauble -
Now residing upon the same chain as the ring, is another simple, silver, and crystal made design. It is a tiny orb that has a spiraling green metal ribbon curling around it. He will not talk about this one, but you are welcome to ask.

Deck of Cards -
These are old, worn, and look like they have seen better days. Frayed edges, torn and ripped corners and bent sides to this seemingly ancient deck of cards. They are kept in an equally old looking and simple wooden box and slides open from one of the broad sides.

Abilities
(Natural)

- Agility/Quickness - Jasper is very quick, agile, flexible and slippery. He can climb, run, and escape with the best of them out there. It also can make him very difficult to hit in combat.
- Improvisation - He can react quickly to changing circumstances. If a plan goes badly, or he is attacked, or plotted against. Jasper often times can find some way out of a bad spot. In a variety of manners.
- Maps/Puzzles/Patterns - The lemur has always had a gift for puzzles. A gift that comes in the most unnatural way. There seems to be little rhyme or reason to the ability, just non-nonsensical bouts of sudden logic and planning.
(Learned)
- Charm - He learned long ago and developed over time to be quite the charmer. To be able to disarm those of greater power to him as always been a useful skill.
- Manipulation - Jasper knows how to get what he wants. He started as a simple thief, to a treasure hunter and now developed into a saboteur, a force in the shadows for the power of others. Or, perhaps, even his own?
- Magic tricks/ Card Tricks - A natural at sleight of hand. The lemur can perform several bouts of simple, but effective tricks with a deck of cards or otherwise. This skill can often be useful in working a con on other people and creatures.

Appearance

Finding your way is one thing… The glimmer of a clever trickster flicker in his eyes of jade green and slivers of sapphire blue. Wild and unruly hair reflect his eccentric and whimsical nature, with wavy black and silver strands and dyed navy blue within braids laced with thin brown string. The rest of his wiry and scrawny form is covered in patches and striped fur with gray, white and black. The lemur’s clothing is an eclectic affair, reflecting in both a chaotic gypsy and the sophisticated functionality of a Victorian rogue. He’s a wily schemer or a slightly off fool with a long, long and winding fluffy tail… But the true fun comes in getting lost, good and proper.

Any other pertinent info: A bit of mystery is always far more intriguing. And yet, for the sake of openness. A bit more information can be found here.

Offline Render

• Cool as Ice
  • LoreMaster
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • JTtheNinja.com
Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 07:24:17 PM
Yes! Welcome aboard!

Current alts:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Jasper Flynn

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 07:48:47 PM

Thank you, kindly!  :D

Offline Eliel

• Queen Bee
  • Owner
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Alt Names: Elora Elaniae (& Aantara), Prisishis, Hyleori
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 08:13:37 PM
I remember Schayfer! Been a good long while. The rift destruction was like '09

Jasper Flynn

Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 08:58:42 PM
And I remember the famous LE! Truth be told, I've been about a few more times since then. But still remember those days fondly. The good ol' days of the pre- 2010's.

Offline Abigail Wilde

• The Loud One
  • Veteran Member
  • You look good enough to eat!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 11:06:58 PM
Detailed Character? Magic Tricks!  Fun and head games! Old member!

Yay!

Lookin' forward to RPing with you!