News

Vasile Vanished

Morg · 2576

Offline Morg

• Bloodsworn
    • View Profile
on: April 20, 2017, 02:41:11 AM
The sound of hammer on steel that rang out during the day from the fighter's guild forge has mysteriously halted. It would seem the lion paladin vanished, suddenly, without obvious trace. Odder still, it would appear that all of his belongings were left at the guild. His armor, weapons, money and all else are undisturbed.

One might assume the lion got bored and moved on to his next adventure, but to leave without a proper goodbye seems out of character for those that know him.

The possibility that he may be in some kind of trouble is on the table.

Lionheart

Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 12:53:07 PM
With elections and debates taking up the majority of the public attention, Islene had been left training on a regular interval with the Fighter's Guild while she waited to find out the status of her application to the Guard. It would not have taken much for her to notice the difference with the lack of sound of hammer and steel.

Islene first act would be to make sure Epitome ( @Epitome ) didn't have some hidden, secret information about this and Vasile was, in fact, gone oddly without a trace.

After that, the elder Britta would be put to task to tracking down a familiar Bat-ish detective.

While not her "family", the Guild was slowly becoming a second home and Islene would want to find one of their own.

Offline Epitome

• Etla's Perpetual Hothead
  • Veteran Member
  • Simply cannot enjoy her sandwich
    • View Profile
    • RPR
  • Alt Names: Epitome, Salali, Tyckoto, Cottonball
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 01:27:51 PM
Guild efforts to find the missing man are under way. A notice has been posted on the bulletin board, asking for volunteers to aid in the search.
Wanted: Those with tracking skills and individuals with a keen eye for details. All findings are to be reported in written format to the Guild

Offline Thatguy

• Twin Drakes
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 11:16:31 PM
Kenneth, having seen the posting on the guild board, would start asking around the docks and the stables to see if anyone had seen someone matching Vasile's description board a ship out of the harbor or a coach out of the city.

Hopefully one of the many shipyard workers, local fishermen, or sailors would have seen and remembered something.

Lionheart

Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 06:52:41 PM
Islene was now in temporary ownership of the Paladin's belongings, having acquired them from the Guild after Epitome approved further research.

Two small notes were scribed on separate pieces of paper. Each one of them would get some samples of fur that seemed to be changing color from Vasile shedding. Tufts of fairly medium length blonde hair, some longer green hair very unlike Vasile's known coloring, and then some outright green fur.

One was sent to Hashenn ( @Hashenn ) as per her agreement with him to keep him informed.

There was a fluency to her script, and it looked crafted by some feminine philosopher.

It read:

Quote from: Lightning Britta

Detective Hashenn,

Found these samples of green hair from Vasilie on his armor.

Seems like the blonde and white fur was turning green.

Figure you'd want samples.

Talking to Mages tomorrow. Bringing more samples for them to look at and Vasile's personal items.

I.B.
The 'I' seems to have been crafted almost to look like a lightning bolt and the area surrounding the signature seems to have been burned in a beautiful, unique pattern.

Another one was written to Epitome ( @Epitome ) as Islene also told the leader of the Guild she'd be keeping her abreast of the situation, too.

Quote from: Lightning Britta

Guildmistress,

Found some odd green hairs with Vasile's equipment.

Looks like he was shedding, or something.

No other signs of forced entry or scuffle in the room.

Agree it's a good idea to look for tracks. Not my skillset.

Taking some of his stuff to the magic users. They might be able to help.

I.B.
The 'I' seems to have been crafted almost to look like a lightning bolt and the area surrounding the signature seems to have been burned in a beautiful, unique pattern.

Next stop for the Britta?

Sairon.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:54:22 PM by Lionheart »

Offline Hashenn

• Too curious for his own good.
  • Epic Member
  • Isn't actually a bat.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 07:34:28 PM
Hashenn would soon return a letter to the working Britta.
"Thank you for your efforts, Islene Britta. If you need someone to analyse the fur further,
 and Sairon remains inaccessible, do let me know. I'm glad to hear that someone is pursuing this situation so closely. Do let me know if you're in need of extra aid.

Having the fur alone may be able to be incorporated into a scrying or location spell. Finding him may be something very possible, soon."

Signed, Hashenn Darkstar.

Offline Epitome

• Etla's Perpetual Hothead
  • Veteran Member
  • Simply cannot enjoy her sandwich
    • View Profile
    • RPR
  • Alt Names: Epitome, Salali, Tyckoto, Cottonball
Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 01:17:12 AM
A note is posted below the original, simple and leaving a lot to be desired.

Vasile has been found. He is alive.
-Epitome