News

Sorina

Guest · 2618

Sorina

on: June 04, 2017, 09:29:29 PM
Have you previously submitted an application/character sheet which has been approved? No
Tell us a bit about your RP experience to date: I've been roleplaying for over 11 years now. I've done forum, message, IM, and multiple types of client-based roleplay.
Why are you interested in joining the dream? I like the setting and I think my character (and possibly others) will fit in well.

Basics / Biography Data
Furcadia Name: Sorina
Character Name (if different):
Alias(es):
Species: Human
Subspecies/Race: Mermaid
Apparent Age: 22
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 127 lbs
Build: Thin, soft curves
Fur/Skin Color: Tanned olive tone as a human / Coppery scales as a mermaid
Hair Color/Style: Dark brown
Eye Color: Hazel as a human / Pale purple as a mermaid
Markings/Scars: One long scar from the back of her right hip that wraps around, ending at the top of her knee
Appendages: When in mermaid form, she has a shimmery copper/green tail
Handedness: Right
Primary Class: Magic-Elemental
Secondary Class (optional): Merchant
Profession: Entertainer, merchant
Appearance (Furcadia Description): On any regular day, the woman was a polite, though quiet type. With pale brown eyes and dark chocolatey hair, and full lips often set in a straight line. Her tanned skin told of a different life, one before the pens of a slave establishment. Though if asked, it was unlikely she would recall much of what her life was like before she was taken away. Now in her twenty-first year, she would often be found in a corner, avoiding passers-by and any around her. While her once strong demeanor remained, it was clear something had certainly brought it down. The only question was, what? In a rare chance of events, she slipped away from her captors, likely counted amongst the dead left in the wake of a seige. How did she escape?

Personality
Demeanor: Shy, Polite, Nervous, Exciteable
Dislikes: Being yelled at
Phobias (if any): Currently scared of water touching her
Alignment: True Neutral (Undecided or Balanced)
Description: This can mean either of two things, depending on whether the character is actively or passively neutral.Active neutrals (the Balanced type) are very rare. They are philosophically committed to maintaining the Balance, and will tend to join every fight on the losing side. Passive neutrals (the Undecided type) are somewhere in the middle on both the Good-Evil and Law-Chaos axes. The passive neutral alignment can also apply to creatures with no moral sense such as animals. Example: Zen masters (Balanced), animals (Undecided).
Cribnote: I'm not getting involved / All things must be in balance.

Statistics
Strength (STR): Medium-Low
Dexterity (DEX): Medium-High
Constitution (CON): Medium-High
Intelligence (INT): Medium
Wisdom (WIS): Medium-Low
Charisma (CHA): Medium-High
Overall Evaluation: (65) Strong

(Strengths / Resistances) / Weaknesses
Strengths / Resistances: Stronger when near water, agile
Weaknesses: Weaker when not within a certain distance of water, lacks physical strength

Possessions
Weapons
  • Weapon: N/A
    Description:
  • Weapon: N/A
    Description:
Armor
  • Armor: N/A
    Description:
  • Armor: N/A
    Description:
Trinkets / Items (owned or worn):
  • Item: Canvas pouch
    Description: Within are her few belongings. A few items of clothing, often wrapped around treasures she's acquired to sell. A small locked metal box which holds precious gems, metals, and jewelry she's made.
  • Item:
    Description:

Abilities
Natural Abilities
  • Ability: Water breathing
    Description: No matter her form
  • Ability: Water abilities
    Description: Currently she can only control water in small amounts. Over time, she will learn to control larger amounts and be able to freeze or heat the water.
  • Ability: Weather control
    Description: She's unaware of this ability yet, but it can be observed that if her emotions get out of hand, the weather around her may alter (in the form of water-based weather. I.E. clouds, thunderstorms, rain). In time, she will be able to conjure these consciously.
  • Ability: Siren's song
    Description: When singing, her voice will draw in many creatures. (This is used most often to feed, but she has used it just to draw a crowd and earn more coin)
Learned Abilities:
  • Ability: Kleptomaniac
    Description: Has taught herself how to slip items away. (more often than not, it's food, but she's been known to steal small trinkets when she gets nervous)
  • Ability: Dancing
    Description: Many forms of dance have been learned and she has performed many times (often coupled with a song)

Other
RPR Profile (or other website) URL (optional): http://www.rprepository.com/c/sorina/97740
Other pertinent info:

Squall

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 04:12:39 AM
Hello there! Apologies for the delay, just had a few quick questions!

How does the distance to water impact rp? You mentioned how being near water will allow the character to be stronger and farther away she gets weaker. Can you give an example of how it would come into play in a scene?

Is Sorina effected by rain or does it need to be large bodies of water? (I ask because rain is a frequent thing on the island). Would rain give her strength or would it be too weak an influence?

Can you give some examples of what kind of water abilities Sorina has?

Weather control is an incredibly powerful ability. Typically weather control kind of spells would be for big plots. You mentioned the character is icly unaware of it, but how would it come into play in a scene? What kind of drawbacks would it have?

Can you explain how the sirens song would work in scene? Can the song be fought off with another characters willpower or defended against somehow? How exactly does the character feed?

On the rpr, its written that the character has undiscovered telekinesis. Could you give an example of how it would be used in rp? What sort of stuff will she be able to control with this ability?

Sorina

Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 08:30:03 PM
Her closeness to water would impact a roleplay in that if she ends up going too far inland, she will be weaker. She'll be tired, irritable, and physically weaker. She'd feel better near a river or a lake, but she's at her best when near salt water. She isn't completely aware of the reasons why she feels worse, just that she does. She's always more comfortable traveling by water, so this isn't much of an issue for her unless she ends up in a situation that brings her inland.

Rain gives her strength, though she avoids being directly in it because for the time being, she will transform against her will.

I don't have a specific list of water abilities because she is only just learning them. But she'll be able to heat and freeze water as well as manipulate it (like a bubble of water floating in the air). The more skill and experience she gets, the bigger the amount of water she can work with. But for now, she's only just discovering these powers.

Weather control is a power far off from her abilities right now. The only inkling of it currently will be perhaps a few dark clouds looming near her. As for coming into a scene, you're right that it would only be for big plots. It is a power that would take a lot out of her, so it would only be used if she is in a losing battle and needs to resort to it.

The siren's song is more capable of working on non-supernatural beings, but can work on supernatural as well. The best defense for it is one's own powers. For the average creature though, willpower is simply not enough. Feeding is a private affair (partly because if I start going into logistics, I'd have to dedicate a book to it) but the gist of it is sort of similar to how the witches in Hocus Pocus consume life forces (she just doesn't use a potion). So if she were to stop at a certain point, the one she's feeding off would be weak for awhile but recover.

Telekinesis is all about moving things. Just like in any other case, she'll have to gain experience to get better at it. So at first it will be small things like feathers and small gems. With experience will come larger and heavier items. This would be used in RP either when she's stealing items or to defend herself (such as throwing a chair at someone chasing her).

Squall

Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 03:04:31 PM
Sorry once again for late reply. Life got away from me.

Thank you for the clarification!

Just a few general reminders to note. As abilities are discovered, make sure to add them to the sheet. Regarding the feeding, keep in mind that if a character dies as a result of it, npc or pc, it can get your character in trouble. This is just a reminder in regards to our ic action has ic consequences rule.

Welcome to Eileadora!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sorina

Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 08:39:15 PM
I will be sure to update as they come! And I know she'd get in trouble if she ended up killing anyone. I'm still playing with the idea of her accidentally killing someone when she first experiences a need to feed but that'd be something I would have to discuss with people down the line. :)