Species: Vulpine

Subspecies/Race/Class: Cross Fox

Height: 6'1"

Fur/Skin Color: Black and Amber

Hair Color/Style: Black hair, worn long with a part

Eye Color: Amethyst

Markings/Scars: None

Appendages: Two arms, two legs and a tail. All 100% stock

Demeanor: Jack is, by his nature, retentive. His history of scouting and frontline fighting has given him some strategic insight as well as having an eye for detail. As far as his social self, he is fairly blunt. His life as a soldier and guardian of life takes precedence, to him, over debauchery and merriment. Of course, that doesn't mean he's incapable. Now that his service has for the most part been swept up from under him, he may have to find a new way.

Alignment: Lawful Good

Profession: Dragon Knight (Former/Self-Proclaimed)

Resistances: Jack has mentally reinforced himself to be more resistant to the control of others. It has also helped to strengthen his innate abilities as well as the bond he shares with his mount.

Weaknesses: As a Dragon Knight, Jack shares a strong telepathic bond with his mount so the two can consistently perform as one fluid machine. Should this bond be broken, it will take away from their combat effectiveness quite a bit. It would also go without saying that without his mount he is significantly easier to deal with.

Phobias: He doesn't afraid of anything. Well, not seriously. He's afraid of being eaten, being surrounded by sharp things, falling and hitting the ground from high heights, the usual.

Statistics:
Strength (STR): Avg.
Dexterity (DEX): Avg.
Constitution (CON): Avg.
Intelligence (INT): Avg.
Wisdom (WIS): Avg.
Charisma (CHA): Avg.

Details:
Weapons
- Halberd - A deadly combination of spear and axe, Jack prefers to utilize this weapon both from his mount and on foot.
- Short Sword - His backup weapon, nothing overly impressive.

Armor
-Dragonguard armor - The only piece of the Dragonguard he is still grateful to have. Consisting of a steel plate cuirass, shoulder pauldrons, wrist and shin guards, as well as a custom-smithed helmet to match his vulpine visage. The armor set is gilded, a show of status by members of the Eternal King's elite guard. Though now that he is far from his former King, it just looks nice that way.
- Chain mail - Your average steel-link chain mail worn under his armor for additional protection
- Locket - A silver locket, bearing the name "Mary". It is incredibly sentimental to him, as it is the only reminder of his long-lost wife Marigold.

Abilities
(Natural)
- Telepathy - Through his training to be a Dragon Knight, Jack has learned to bond himself telepathically to his mount, allowing for the two to operate as one cohesive unit. In addition to his bonding ability, only in a very limited capacity can he gaze into the minds o others, though this is particularly exhausting and easy to repel. It is not an ability he makes use of.
- Psychokinesis - Through the development of his mental abilities, Jack is capable of mentally projecting his influence in order to physically manipulate objects. This is restricted to objects he would otherwise have the actual physical ability to hold or move, as opposed to being able to pick up, move, or throw objects or people several times his weight.

(Learned)
- Dragon Riding - Self explanatory. Jack, through training and conditioning, is as comfortable soaring through the sky and engaging his foes on the back of a dragon as one would be on a horse.
- Halberd proficiency - With it's pointed head, cleaving blade, hooked beak and buttspike on the shaft, he is hard-pressed to find himself wanting in an engagement. An incredibly versatile weapon, his training reflects his ability to utilize it in all forms, be it as a spear, an axe or a staff. He does not neglect one functional piece over the other, only making him far deadlier in a close-up fight.
- Sword fighing - While he's not nearly as comfortable with a sword as he is with a halberd, not having a backup weapon is a recipe for disaster. His sword fighting training has a much stronger emphasis on defense than offense, looking to create openings to parry and escape rather than continue to engage.

Appearance
> The Cross Fox's very fur flowed like a majestic blaze of reds and blacks, shrouded in the gilded armor of his former station among the tyrannical Dragonguard. Now free from the Eternal King's command, he attempts to find good purpose among those who have welcomed him to this new place on the other side of the rift. Though in the few months he has called this place home, he has become rather lax. The sheen on his armor is gone, and he is far more lackadaisical in his daily doings. The only part of the fox kept in top shape is the halberd he claims for a weapon, a dastardly combination of staff, spear and axe. It is kept ever sharp and ready, though he hopes to wield it for a more worthy cause.

Any other pertinent info:
6/22/17 - Sarnor Blackscale, Jack's mount, is now around! However, her player doesn't have as open a schedule as I do. Unfortunate, but that's life.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:16:30 PM by Gob »

Expardon me?

Offline Rose

• Etla's Mom
    • View Profile
    • RPR
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:40:55 PM
I believe this might be the same Jack Hartz I RPed with yeeeeeeeeears ago.  :o

Offline Gob

• Manky Scots Git
  • VIP
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 09:49:52 AM
That would be an insane but very welcome coincidence if it is! I just recently recovered the ini file, and I remember I stopped playing him after life got real crazy real quick.

Who did you play as that you might remember his as, if you don't mind my asking?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:54:27 PM by Gob »

Expardon me?

Offline Rose

• Etla's Mom
    • View Profile
    • RPR
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 05:11:59 PM
I remember a similar character that disappeared! Perhaps that was you after all :D I believe I was playing Rowen at the time.

Offline Gob

• Manky Scots Git
  • VIP
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 05:40:16 PM
I remember her!

I also remember that my RP ability was... way below par in my opinion at the time xD We'll have to RP sometime for old time's sake!

Expardon me?

Offline Rose

• Etla's Mom
    • View Profile
    • RPR
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 08:15:14 PM
Yay I'm remembered! :D

And we should!