News

Establishment Basement: The Preparation of an Overly Ripe Dwarf (PRI)

Guest · 2147

Cas

The body of Neggus Boneguard would arrive to the basement of the Crypt Keeper's Establishment and carefully placed on a stone slab table. The clothes to which he had been wrapped in removed and thrown to the side to be washed later. The soft scent of oils and treatment balms would perforate the air as they mixed with the natural scent of new flowers. Carefully cared for pots of belladonna and lupines with new seedlings keeps out of the way beneath the stair well. Small baubles of light hanging over them. A candle lays lit on top of a shelf of books, and what looks to be encased jars of different organs, kept in questionable liquids.

With a small frown on her lips, the Master Crypt Keeper would turn toward her new hire, Tide and give a nod, "So this is Neggus Boneguard, we've crossed paths a few times. His soul has since Passed, however a benefactor that wishes to remain private calls for a funeral. I have already reached out to the High Cleric for standard death rites, but as expected, dear Neggus here is in no shape for a funeral." She'd turn on the grated floor to the snek, a rather excited grin on her features. "And as I've no orders to put him right on a pyre, let's prepare him right, shall we?"

@Rapt

[OOC: After discussion with the player, we've decided due to work and timezones we are going to do the prepping before funeral for dear Neggus in play and here (also to get our feet wet with some good ol' fashion medieval mortician work).

Those of the general public who would enter the Establishment, would typically not be allowed downstairs into the basement (unless they are identifying someone or are on business) or onto the second floor of the building (where there is a bedroom) but would be free to view the funeral parlor and display coffins at their leisure under the watchful gaze of Riley's assistant, Dallas.]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 04:40:54 AM by Riley Keller »

Offline Rapt

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The newest employee of Boss Lady Keller had been awaiting both her and the body of the dearly departed with a barely restrained enthusiasm. The prehistorically large mass of her scaled lower body was for the most part was tucked behind and beneath things, with the last six or so feet wound back around to where her torso lingered. Curling its slender self around one of her wrists as the giant snek met  the small frown with her best attempt at a serious and neutral expression...which is to say she smiled only a little.

With the battle to keep black lips from splitting too far while she spoke, when the name of the departed was given head would give a swift bob and a silent miming of the name done with held breath. When Riley broke into an excited grin, all composure went out the window, white skin would flush as the energy was contagious and with a flash of pearly whites she whispered..loudly.. "Yes! Yes! Is there any special requests due to his faith, or ...his...species." with eyes wide head tilted down to the poor deceased Neggus while tenting her fingers.

@Riley Keller

Cas

The Master Crypt Keeper would shake her head, "The benefactor merely wishes a proper funeral. We will have the High Cleric give death rites and perhaps a eulogy and blessing when we finally put him into the ground, but as for the body itself, I would say a cleansing of sorts one we've... patched him." A look would be given to this corpse. A small frown on here its as she'd look to the long rotting tissue and puss and ooze that would be occurring. The form long over expired.

An optimistic smiling would be given to Tide, a soft chuckle rolling from the white haired woman as Riley would slowly bring her scarred hands together, nodding, "Let's see if we can get him looking pretty again, at the very least. There is much to be done. So let's get to it." She'd gesture for Tide to take the tools up and begin as she'd change from her cloak over into her apron, "I am intrigued and excited to work with you and see you in practice."

Black soft leather gloves would be pulled over her hands as she'd grasp up the suturing needle and thread before she'd turn to the woman, "As you have safely done this far longer than I have." The Boss Lady was just as excited to learn from her employee as she was to share information and knowledge with her. Without much hesitation though, she'd grasp up her knife and begin to cut the poor deceased dwarfs clothes away. It was still by all means, fresh off the cart after all.

@Rapt

Offline Rapt

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

The cutest of giant sneks, who felt as if she was teeny and adorable even if those dozens of feet of thick muscled tail wrapped in plate like black scales was taking up position consuming oodles of space in the work area... a portion of it trying to rise up behind Riley and present its self as a seat as the white haired woman motioned to the tools. Long ears would flick with their twinkle of silver as she glanced towards the items, though not a single one was touched.

Nope, instead those black lips would stretch wide, near splitting her face in two with delight. No sleeves to roll up, she would instead rub her bare palms together, then lace together scrawny digits as if in prayer, bringing them up to her chest as she murmmered. "Just make him pretty, I can do that. I do... need a few moments first." voice quiet and reverant, the ashy skinned snek would tilt her smile to Riley....

Not quiet waiting for permission, and with an eerie stillness that froze that huge smile upon her face the serpent would grow quiet, breathing held as the pale blue irises of her eyes began to expand, consuming the black sclera's and pupil alike until they emitted the feintest of azure glows... as it budded in those far too large to be normal eyes, the same hue picked up within folded hands. As they were opened within was a small book...

It was old, worn, and had no words upon it. When it had been summoned though the snek would speak out cheerfully "There we go, now first I tell the soul what I am doing, in case it is near by and worried, many bad rumors about this magic you know. Then after that we deal with the rot, have to stop that next." if the lamia had managed to get any of her tail around Riley...it would give an excited squeeze as she began to hiss out the words of the dead taught to her by her people....

Which would sound a good deal like parsal tongue.