Ayumu · 1918

Offline Ayumu

• Sairon
  • Sairon Psion
    • View Profile
    • Tykari
on: September 19, 2016, 11:09:09 AM
Do you have IC experience role-playing combat? Yes

Are you familiar with the dreams systems for combat, mundane and magical, as well as all other dream rules? Yes

Will you be around regularly? Yes

What is your timezone? Time zone is PST/PDT whichever it is on

(IC)

Name: Project X-386, AKA Nyx
Species: Furre

Prior Military Experience: None
Prior rank(s) held, if any: Non
Weapon Focus: Long sword

Do you have any experience training others? No
Are you willing to teach? If so, what subject? Perhaps, would teach kick-boxing and western swordplay

Do you have any non combat related training that could benefit the Gendarme? If so, please briefly state what. Basic functions, first aid, cooking and the like
Are you willing to teach others this knowledge? I do not have a training viable to teach

I, X-386, AKA Nyx, from this day henceforth, swear to abide by and uphold the laws of Eileadora and her Queen. I swear to be honorable, dutiful, and disciplined, to protect the citizenry of the island by any means within my power.

~ To be filled out by Gendarme Proctor ~
(Proctors - PM Squall or Whisper Azilie Ryld with the information so the appropriate edits can be made. Thank you!)

Proctor Name
: Tillius (If Tillius' schedule prevents him from keeping up, James Darkarma)

Combat Prowess: Adequate ________ Workable but needs Improvement ________ Fail ________
Proctor Notes:
Emotional Stability: Adequate ________ Workable but needs Improvement ________ Fail ________
Proctor Notes:
Mental Cognizance: Adequate ________ Workable but needs Improvement ________ Fail ________
Proctor Notes:

Approved By:

To be reevaluated in 2 weeks DENIED - ILL FIT FOR SERVICE

Date Approved:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:45:58 AM by Squall »

“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.”
― Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Lionheart

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 03:27:32 PM
Quote from: High Cleric of Eileadora - Warrior Priest of Etla
Proctor Name: Tillius Elmitore, Mage of the Gendarme

Proctor Notes

Combat Prowess:
Adequate ________
Workable but needs Improvement        X       
Fail ________

Emotional Stability:
Adequate ________
Workable but needs Improvement        X       
Fail ________

Mental Cognizance:
Adequate       X       
Workable but needs Improvement ________
Fail ________

Additional Notes

Master Squall and Fellow Gendarme,

I wanted to imbue my thoughts thoroughly regarding my concerns with the Construct based on my interaction with her, and so I must apologize for the nature of this note. My hand and craft of writing is still not recovered fully, and my notes seem a blend of my mind and age these days.

For some reason, the Construct is able to feel emotions that she has no understanding or control over. She expressed a distinct sadness over the loss of her beloved. This matter only further shocks me as I am vastly unfamiliar with constructs and their nature of feeling, especially in matters of the heart.

She seeks a bonded purpose in these days in the absence of her betrothed, Miss Eris, who she claims is now dead. I saw no investigation of this matter in our reports, nor have heard rumor of the passing of the Shopkeep, and so this raises my worries regarding trust and alliance.

Can a Construct form the same loyalties as a living creature? Or, can it be programmed to identify both friend and foe? When I inquired of this, the Construct assured me it would learn. The Construct's mental faculties seem proper and just for an adult, fit for the duties of the Gendarme.

After our brief spar had concluded, the Construct immediately presumed it had failed the test that I was issuing, when such matters are not my final decision to make. I am not certain if the Construct has the emotional stability to be able to serve in a position about the Gendarme, and the Combat Skills are certainly present and would only need but simple refinement under our trainers, such as Sir Arator, Sir Rolan, or Sir Alhsom.

What frightens me is that the Construct is made of a complex system of Draconic and Arcane magics, blended together to create a volatile combination that may be greater risk than reward to the City.

We know nothing of the Artificer who breathed life into Nyx, or if there are hidden intentions and knowledge given to the Construct that even it does not know about.

When damaged during our Spar, to which we should surely note that Nyx confirmed the lack of feeling pain, the Construct admitted it would need to be pieced back together by skilled Artificers, which would require a continued hand beyond nature involved in keeping this Construct feasible for service.

Healing magics had no effect on her, which I find odd as Nyx is such a heavy derivative of magic I would anticipate an ease in restoration.

I noted there was some residual interference caused by the magic I was using to protect myself during our spar. I cannot be certain the depth of meaning to this presently. I will need to further study the seeming
blue blood of arcana that the Construct donated during our bout.

It is my request that Master Den Fa be given a chance to further study the Construct and determine its nature, as he is both skilled and aware of the nuances and hidden pitfalls of such plights regarding Constructs.

The Construct is far from mindless, though may be dangerous considering the intricacies that make it sentient if left without some manner of oversight.

It is my personal recommendation that a study of more depth into the creature's nature, design, imbued knowledge, and its definitions of duty and discipline be done before seeking employ through our Gendarme.

Sincerely yours,

Tillius

Approved By:

Date Approved:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:29:42 PM by Lionheart »

Squall

Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 07:39:19 PM
A messenger would seek the construct out, a concise letter in hand.

Miss Nyx (@Tykari)

At your earliest convenience, please seek me out at the cities Courthouse office. There are matters regarding your application and test results that must be discussed before a final decision is made.

Squall

Master of Law