News

Liam Laca

Guest · 3057

Liam_Laca

on: December 07, 2016, 01:46:31 PM
A little about my previous experience:

Why I'd like to join:

I've been lurking off and on in the dream for a while now and have been involved in several events ranging from House Balestra first joining in this dream, to overtaking the Harbinger, the search and rescue of Faaide, the pirate raid lead by Zelanze and most recently the arrest of Sofey's character. I've been suggested by a few people to join officially so I figure I should do that. The staff have all been very kind and inviting and fair so I'm excited to learn more about this place on my own and also for Liam to learn through his own eyes.
As far as experience goes I've been on Furcadia since 2002, before then I was an avid Forum Roleplay user (so Invisionfree isn't hard to navigate ;3) Basically I've been roleplaying since I got my grubby little fingers on a keyboard.

Furcadia Name: Liam Laca
Character Name: Liam Laca
Aliases: None
Species: Satyr
Subspecies/Race/Class: None
Height: 5'3"
Fur/Skin Color: Caramel skin with rust red hair/fur
Hair Color/Style: Curly/Wavy rust red Hair
Eye Color: Lime Green
Markings/Scars: Two matching, thick long vertical scars along his shoulder blades
Appendages: A whip like tail with another curly plume of fur at the end / Two massive black curling horns along his head

Demeanor: Upbeat and optimistic, Liam usually won't let the odds bring him down. While he usually finds a way to smile through some of the grimmer situations in life, he has no qualms 'sobering' up and fighting tooth and nail against those he feels deserve it.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Profession: Squire to Zelanze Balestra

Resistances: Poisons/Venoms/Toxins | Flesh wounds heal quicker than average
Weaknesses: Extremely affected by the cold / Cannot swim
Phobias: Snakes / Nagas

Statistics:
Strength (STR): Medium
Dexterity (DEX): High
Constitution (CON): High
Intelligence (INT): Low
Wisdom (WIS): Low
Charisma (CHA): Medium

Details:
Weapons
- Quarterstaff - once a wooden quarterstaff, now a metal bow staff. A simple light weight metal rod that has two dull but pointed tips
- Hand Crossbow - A pea shooter if you will, the crossbow's handle his able to fit in the palm of his hand and shoots arrows only 4 to 5 inches long. The string itself is made of Ice-Drake fur. In the handle is a hole drilled out of it and added to it is a tassel where a fang of the Ice-Drake as well as a basilisk is tied and over it is etches Balestra's halo
- Body - Two incredibly sturdy horns on his head, as well as longer than average canines and nails for claws.

Armor
- Armor - None
- Trinkets -
A red scarf with the Balestra halo embroidered into each end and clipped together by a golden pin of the halo as well
A set of leather straps that hold the quiver of Liam's arrows as well as a holster for his crossbow and staff

Abilities
(Natural)
- Teleportation - Liam is able to teleport himself and other small things for a max distance of 1 mile without being fatigued.

- Electricity - At the moment he only generates a small static shock in people and only when under intense emotional strain. This is not a fully realized power.

(Learned)
NA

Appearance
Come at him if you dare. He's got some of the sharpest teeth and an even sharper wit to bite back any kind of shade you throw. Confidence in each stride he carries the weight of his past like you might carry the weight of your jacket on your back. Standing straight with a winning smirk, it's easy to get wrapped up in Liam's lackadaisical outlook. There's a good attitude in a shiny penny sitting on his knee and he'll spare it for your thoughts if you don't mind his cheap conversation.

Any other pertinent info:
Any other info may be found on my RPR:
http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=57094&page=124628

Offline Zelanze

• Veteran Member
  • Hope Burns Bright
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 09:57:37 AM
Liam is probably one of the most talented RPers I know and the stories i''ve written with him will always be some of my most memorable.
One of probably three rpers to ever made me legit cry like a huge baby at my keyboard.

Takurasho

Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 02:03:12 AM
Looks good! Just need elaboration on three things, his crossbow, accelerated healing, and teleportation. Do you use preps, cooldowns, and interruptions for the crossbow and shadow step? Can he teleport during battle? And to what extent can he heal faster that the norm, ie how long would say a shallow stab to the arm take too close?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:05:34 AM by Takurasho »

Liam_Laca

Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 06:53:05 PM
Easy enough

Crossbow: Usually with any combat I write it in such a way that it gives players an out to either dodge, miss or take the hit

Ie: Liam raised his crossbow and let loose a shot aiming for their arm.

And allow the player who's taking the shot the ability to either accept the hit or miss it, or heck even interrupt it if they'd want.

Teleportation: It's more flavor text I feel than anything else. He does have the ability to warp around the field and miss attacks this way, but I find it incredibly boring to have a character that can't take a hit. Most often I'll take an attack people write. I also tend to use a cool-down for particularly large jumps. He is able to teleport people small distances but honestly if he's forced to do this the combat is over, Liam would need at least three rounds to recover, and depending on the distance he would pass out afterwards.

but with that in mind, I don't exactly see the difference between;

Liam teleports behind Bob and made a swipe for his shoulder
and
Liam rolled around and behind bob and made a swipe for his shoulder.

More to the point for all of this I tend to use Dice or 'Consent To' fights. I find it to be the most fair and leaves less OOC bickering on "unfair/OP" fights, dice make sure that both players are left up to fate and those who don't prefer dice, well I'll try and contact them OOC over whisper or through chat to see if they would like, narrative, their character or my character to win. It might make the 'suspense' less fun, but I've never had an argument OOC over it.

As far as accelerated healing goes I have on my RPR this written:

Liam has exceptional healing abilities. Scars are easily left on his body but broken bones, bruises, open wounds and so on are able to heal within days of receiving them. If Liam is sliced with a deep bleeding wound he is usually able to heal within a few days of this happening. Broken bones only take a week or so in order for him to recover. He is not on the other hand able to regenerate limbs. If his finger is removed, the severed limb will not regrow and instead the open cut on his finger will heal over in a few days. Things like teeth are not able to re-grow either. If he loses a tooth it is gone for good. The same can be said about his horns. If one is broken or sawed off, it will not grow back.

Also I will note that wounds do not heal while he is in 'combat' or in 'high stress' situations. The body can't mend itself while the wound is constantly under strain, so as per the example given:

A shallow stab wound to the arm would take a day to heal fully (leaving a light scar) if he was to wrap it moments after getting it.
A shallow stab would would on the other hand remain open and bleeping for several minutes if he didn't wrap or tend to it, and still take a full 24 hours to heal once he finally did manage to stop the bleeding.

Any other questions I'd be happy to answer!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:55:49 PM by Liam_Laca »

Offline Metz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 04:08:00 PM
I've seen Liam do his teleport thing in two large group-rp battles now, he offsets it with the sickness he gets from doing it. Given his physical size, he mostly uses his teleportation as a distraction, too. I generally have concerns about teleportation, but the way he does it seems pretty balanced. Also given how events run with battles two or three days in a row, or two or three times a week, he's usually so sick from doing it the last time that he ends up only doing it once or may twice in a day.
Plus, most of the time powers boil down to player choices, as far as I've seen, he's pretty considerate about it and about how others feel.

Offline Windthor

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 04:19:14 PM
I've been RPing with Liam for a while now. Honestly, I want to RP with him more, to learn more about the character, because he's just so much fun. I believe his teleportation is fair and in battle it really serves as an evasive maneuver if he's able to see the attack coming and his reflexes allow for it, just like any other dodge by literally anyone else.

I personally believe Liam's player to be perfectly fair with his character's abilities. ^_^

Offline Nykita

• Pirate Captain
    • View Profile
    • The Captain
Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 04:41:23 PM
Had a few encounters with Liam and all of them were confrontational, even had a battle between Nykita and Liam - absolutely no complaints about the usage of his abilities. =)

He'd be a great addition to the Dream and the continuity.